Graduate Assistant/Greek Life Assistant - Student Union & Activities
Holbrook Student Union and Activities
Professional and Educational Value
The Holbrook Student Union & Activities Graduate Assistant will work as an additional professional for the Holbrook Student Union & Activities Office. The Department of Student Union & Activities enhances the educational mission of the University through engaging students in co-curricular programs and activities that promote development in the areas of leadership, professionalism, cultural awareness, (community) service learning, morality, fiscal awareness, social ability, and recreation. The department also provides management and oversight of the Holbrook Student Union Complex’s leisure, meeting, and special event areas, ensuring that these locations are well maintained and efficiently utilized to meet the needs of McNeese students.
Expectation of Time
Positions begin as soon as August 6, 2018 and no later than August 20, 2018
- Full out-of-state fee waiver for non-Louisiana residents
- One-half tuition scholarship
- $11.11/ per hour, 20 hours per week for 16 semester weeks (in fall and spring); 6 summer term weeks
- $400 per semester supplemental book/meal plan scholarship ($200 for summer session)
- Assist with the supervision, coordination, and management of McNeese Greek life organizations, programs, and other associated activities
- Determine strategies for further success in each area and effectively communicate them
- In coordination with other Holbrook Student Union & Activities Graduate Assistants, helps plan and manage programs conducted by the Student Union & Activities Office
- Compile assessment data for student life programs and activities
- Perform clerical office duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- A one academic year commitment is required
- Must have obtained a bachelor’s degree by the end of the summer 2018 semester
- Must be able to adequately fulfill all of the job duties and responsibilities
- Previous experience and leadership in a collegiate student organization or equivalent affiliation
- Must be able to work nights/weekends and travel as necessary
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- At least a 2.5 cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Must be able to communicate in English fluently
- An understanding of student activities/student life and its impact in a campus community
- Experience with Greek life as a member or partner
- Experience creating and evaluating assessment data
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. All applicants are expected to submit complete and accurate materials as specified in the position announcement. A background check and an English Proficiency assessment will be conducted on selected finalists. We comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:1001, et seq, and State of Louisiana Executive Order 98-38, which provides for drug testing of employees, appointees, prospective employees, and prospective appointees. Prospective employees and employees are informed if a drug test is required.
McNeese State University is an AA/EEO/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires McNeese State University to inform applicants that the University can employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. Each new employee is required to present documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
McNeese State University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. An executive session pursuant to La. Rev. Stat. 42:6.1(A) may be required.
Persons needing reasonable accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Equal Opportunity Office: Voice: (337) 475-5428; TDD/TTY, Hearing Impaired: (337) 562-4227; Fax: (337) 475-5960; or email@example.com.