- at least 12 hours of history credits
- 3.1 or higher GPA in history
- 3.0 or higher overall GPA
- Membership is not limited to history majors
Benefits of Phi Alpha Theta Membership
- Provides evidence of academic accomplishments and scholastic efforts on a resume or C.V
- Eligibility for Phi Alpha Theta scholarships and awards program
- A one-year subscription to The Historian, a quarterly history journal
- Name printed in The Historian as a member of the society
- The opportunity to present papers at the regional meeting of Phi Alpha, held in conjunction with the Louisiana Historical Association annual meeting
- Honor cords, apparel, and jewelry available for purchase via the Phi Alpha Theta online store
Lifetime membership is $40. The McNeese Department of History may have available funds to pay this fee for eligible students.
Submit the application to Dr. Janet Allured.
Mail: Department of History, Box 92860, McNeese State University, Lake Charles, LA 70609
Office: Kaufman Hall 209-G