A potential candidate must be admitted into the Dore' School of Graduate Studies.
To be admitted to the program, the following additional requirements must be met:
- A candidate must hold a current valid teaching certificate.
- A temporary teaching certificate is not acceptable.
- Have a minimum of three years of successful, full-time teaching.
- Hold a Master of Education degree in an educational discipline other than Educational Leadership
- One year of experience in educational leadership may be substituted for the six (6) credit hours of EDLD 696 and EDLD 697 required in the prescribed coursework.
- Twenty-four (24) of the last thirty (30) semester hours must be earned in residence.
- Credits applied must be earned within 6 calendar years from the time the student first enrolled in the program.
- Only transfer credits with a grade of ‘B’ or better may be applied toward the degree.
Advisor for the Education Specialist with a concentration in Educational Leadership
Dr. Mimi Wallace
Farrar Hall 217