Option 1: Data Retrieval ( in lieu of Tax Return Transcript )
- Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Choose "Start a New FAFSA" if you have not done a 2014-2015 FAFSA yet.
- If you have already completed a FAFSA, choose the "Login" option and then "Make FAFSA Correction"
- Under StudentlParent Financial Information" tab there are several tax filing questions. You must be able to answer No to all questions in order to qualifY to use the Data Retrieval tool.
- Once you answer No to all questions, click the "Link to IRS" button.
- Students will not have to enter their PIN.
- A Parent will have to submit their 4 digit FAFSA PIN (the number used to sign the FAFSA) in order to use the Data Retrieval.
- When your information has been transferred to your FAFSA, please be sure and complete the "Sign and Submit" tab also. You should get a confirmation page once your Application/Correction has been successfully submitted.
Tax filers can request a transcript, free of charge, of their 2013 tax return from the IRS.
Option 2: Online Request(This request is free of charge)
- Available on the IRS Web site at www.irs.gov
- In the Online Services section of the homepage click "Order a Tax Return or Account Transcript"
- Click "Order a Transcript"
- Enter the tax filer's Social Security Number, date of birth, street address, and zip or postal code. Use the address currently on file with the IRS. Generally this will be the address that was listed on the latest tax return filed. However, if an address change has been completed through the US Postal Service, the IRS may have the updated address on file.
- Click "Continue"
- In the Type of Transcript field, select "Return Transcript" and in the Tax Year field, select "2013".
- If successfully validated, tax filers can expect to receive a paper IRS Tax Return Transcript at the address included in their online request, within 5 to 10 days from the time the on-line request was successfully transmitted to the IRS.
Option 3: Telephone Request(This request is free of charge)
- Available from the IRS by calling 1-800-908-9946
- Tax filers must follow prompts to enter their social security number and the numbers in their street address.
- Generally this will be numbers of the street address that was listed on the latest tax return filed. However, if an address change has been completed through the US Postal Service, the IRS may have the updated address on file.
- Select "Option 2" to request an IRS Tax Return Transcript and then enter "2013".
- If successfully validated, tax filers can expect to receive a paper IRS Tax Return Transcript at the address that was used in their telephone request, within 5 to 10 days from the time the IRS receives the request.
Option 4: Local IRS Office
(This request is free of charge)
One Lake Shore Dr. (Capital One Building)
Suite 450 (4 th Floor)
Lake Charles, Louisiana