How To Claim Your Financial Aid Award- Continuing Students
View and accept or decline your financial aid awards by logging into Banner Self Service and clicking on the Financial Aid tab. Next click on Award and then Award Display/Accept. Select the Aid Year. Then follow the instructions on the General Information tab.
Review and respond to any unsatisfied requirements that may have posted after accepting your awards.
Complete and submit your Financial Aid/Scholarship Authorization. All Financial Aid recipients must sign a financial aid authorization each semester to allow the Business Office to apply your financial aid awards to your tuition/fees. The authorization must be signed each semester, even if you have a zero ($0) balance on your statement of account. You can electronically sign your financial aid authorization on Banner Self Service by clicking on the Student tab, then Registration, then Financial Aid/Scholarship Authorization.
If you are awarded the Federal Direct Stafford Loan/Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan:
- Accept, reduce, or decline your loan awards electronically by following the instructions on the General Information tab on Banner Self Service.
- First time borrowers must complete the Entrance Counseling on the Internet -AND- electronically sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) with the U.S. Department of Education. You must complete the online Entrance Counseling and E- sign a MPN before any loan disbursements can be made.
Helpful Hint: You must view the HTML version in a separate browser and then go back to the MPN to click continue. If you do not do this properly, your MPN will not go through as completed and you will need to go through this process again. If you have any questions about the MPN process or need assistance please call our office at (337) 475-5065 or MPN Hotline 1-800-557-7394.
- All students must be enrolled in at least six credit hours each semester to be considered for Federal Student Loans.
- All Graduate students seeking a master's degree must be enrolled in six credit hours of Graduate level courses.
- Awards will be disbursed to student accounts in Banner, and then refunded based on the preference selected with BankMobile.
If you are awarded the Federal Perkins Loan:
- Accept your loan awards electronically by following the instructions on the General Information tab on Banner Self Service.
- First time borrowers must complete Entrance counseling at the Financial Aid Office during scheduled times.
- Must sign your Promissory Note at the Financial Aid Office during specified times.
- All Students must be enrolled in at least six hours each semester to be considered for Perkins Loans.
- Awards will be disbursed to student accounts in Banner, and then refunded based on the preference you selected with BankMobile.
If you are awarded the Federal Pell Grant, FSEOG, LEAP and GO Grant:
- Financial aid is initially awarded based on full time enrollment for the fall and spring semesters (half time for the summer semesters) and will be adjusted to your actual enrollment, once enrollment is final for that term.
- Awards will be disbursed to student accounts automatically, and then refunded based on the preference you selected with BankMobile.
If you are awarded a Work-On-Campus job:
- Accept your job electronically by following the instructions on the General Information tab on Banner Self Service.
- First time Student Employees must complete New Hire paperwork with the Office of Student Employment. No student employee will be permitted to begin working, if this requirement has not been met.
- Your Work Authorization will be emailed to you, before the first day of class.
- Report to the specified department on the work assignment to arrange your work schedule.
- Student employees must be enrolled in at least six credit hours, to work during the fall, spring or summer semesters.
Financial Aid Refunds
- The Administrative Accounting Office will process all financial aid awards that have been disbursed to your student account in Banner. If you have a credit balance, the Administrative Accounting Office will send your refund to BankMobile for them to distribute to you. BankMobile will refund credit balances according to the preference you have selected on the BankMobile website.
- Prospective Fall Graduates: If you are a prospective Fall graduate, your Federal Student Loan award will be prorated and your disbursement will be issued in two (2) disbursements during the semester you are graduating. Please refer to your disclosure statement to note your disbursement dates or contact the Office of Financial Aid. For a more detailed explanation and dates you may refer to the Financial Aid section in the registration class schedule.
- Questions concerning fees, bills, or refunds should be addressed to the Cashier's Office at (337)475-5098.