How do I make a request for maintenance?Call 475-5891 to report by phone, during regular work hours
OR email email@example.com to report by email
Please don't use email for a maintenance emergency!During regular work hours, call Physical Plant at 475-5891
After regular work hours, call University Police 475-5711 (dispatcher will notify appropriate maintenance personnel)
How do I make a key request?Call 475-5891 to have a key request form sent to you. Fill out and get approval signature(s). Fax completed form to 475-5347.
How do I reserve a vehicle?Call 475-5891 to check availability, then process a travel request through your department.
Fax completed travel requests to 475-5347.
Vehicles will not be released without a completed travel request, valid driver's license, and completion of driver's safety program.
How do I request space for an event?In the menu system at left, click "Facilities Use" and follow the instructions listed there.
You must have full portal access to enter a request. If you are not a student, faculty or staff member, please contact Candace Townsend at 475-5635.
How do I find out more about Facilities Use?(regulations, which venues have special rules, venues and their costs for use, additional costs for services, insurance requirements, etc.)
In the menu system at left, information is categorized by these topics. If you need help navigating the menu, please contact George Bodin at 475-5880.
Our MissionTo maintain and operate a suitable environment in which the pursuits of learning, research, and community outreach can take place.
General InformationBusiness Hours: 7:45 am - 4:30 pm
Phone: (337) 475-5887
Fax: (337) 475-5347
Central Departmental Email:
Box 90460, Lake Charles, LA 70609
4406 Common Street, Lake Charles, LA 70607
For Delivery of Parcels and Packages to WarehouseMcNeese State University Warehouse
ATTN: (insert name or PO# here)
4406 Common Street
LAKE CHARLES LA 70607
Do Not Use the Warehouse Address for Regular Mail
Please note: The zip code used for all buildings on the main campus is 70605.
The only exception is the warehouse which is 70607.
For business reply mail, please contact Public Relations at (337) 475-5635 for proper setup.
Units within Facilities & Plant Operations
Facilities Planning Office
- Facilities and Plant Operations is a division under the Vice President for Business Affairs. Its primary mission is to handle all aspects of the facilities, infrastructure, and the day-to-day operations that keep the University in working order. The Facilities Office can be reached at (337) 475-5887.
- Administratively, the Director of Facilities and Plant Operations manages three other department heads: the Director of Physical Plant, the Director of Custodial Services, and the Superintendent of Grounds. In addition, the Facilities Planning Office also prepares the annual Capital Outlay Request; design, issue, administer, and inspect all Capital Improvement projects; and maintain space utilization data for the occupied facilities.
Physical Plant Office
- The Physical Plant department's principle service is maintenance for all facilities. Various crafts are on duty during regular working hours year-round. The maintenance staff is made up of carpenters, painters, plumbers, electricians, air conditioning mechanics, automotive mechanics, locksmith, filter crew, and light bulb crew, and is housed in the Facilities Planning and Management Complex. The Physical Plant Office can be reached at (337) 475-5891.
- The Warehouse, where all parcels are received for the University, is also included in the Physical Plant. Deliveries to campus departments are generally made the next morning by warehouse staff unless the warehouse has been instructed to hold the parcel. The Warehouse can be reached at (337) 475-5881.
Safety & Hazardous Waste Office
- Safety and Hazardous Waste has moved to University Police. Contact Mike Powell at (337) 475-5711.
- The Grounds crew, headed by Wilbert Kelley, is responsible for keeping the general appearance of the campus grounds green, pretty, tidy and clean. To contact Grounds, call the Facilities Office at (337) 475-5887.
- GCA Services is a contracted custodial service that is responsible for keeping building interiors clean, hygienic, and tidy. In addition, they also setup tables and chairs for events and assist in moving furniture and equipment. Contact numbers for GCA are: Phone: (337) 475-5014 & Fax: (337) 475-5889.