The Department of Engineering encourages students to participate in the activities of AIChE, ASCE, IEEE, ASME, NSBE, and SWE. In addition to the above societies, the Department of Engineering supports the McNeese Engineering Society (MES, student chapter of the Louisiana Engineering Society).
- American Institute Of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) -Student Chapter-advisor Dr. Griffith
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) -Student Chapter- advisor Dr. Uppot
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) - Student Chapter-advisor Dr. Denny
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) - Student Chapter- advisor Dr. Johnston
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) - Student Chapter- advisor Dr. Kiritsis
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) - Student Chapter- advisor Dr. KSullivan
Juniors and seniors with high academic achievements are also invited to join Mu Omega Sigma (MWS), the McNeese Engineering Honor Society. To join Mu Omega Sigma, please contact Dr. Therrill Valentine.