Coop Program Student Benefits
Students participating in the Cooperative Education Program receive the following benefits:
- Opportunity to enhance education by applying classroom knowledge to practical work experience and by applying practical knowledge to classroom theory.
- Opportunity to explore individual abilities in a coop work environment, thus increasing the ability to make knowledgeable decisions on a future career.
- Opportunity to meet and work with management, labor and future colleagues.
- Opportunity to expand knowledge of the various facets of their discipline and their roles in industry.
- Opportunity to gain insight into how industry functions in its home community and in its various markets.
- Opportunity to earn an excellent salary.
- Opportunity to demonstrate capabilities to a potential permanent employer.
- Opportunity to be an experienced engineer or technician at the point of graduation because of the co-op work experience.
McNeese benefits from the cooperative education program include: updated knowledge of current industrial practices; incentives for recruiting and retaining more qualified students; contributions of dedicated co-op students to classroom activities; and preservation of close contacts with industry.
For further information please contact:
Cooperative Education Program
Department of Engineering
McNeese State University
Lake Charles, LA 70609
Fax (337) 475-5237