The Advisory Board assists the Computer Science Program of McNeese State University in defining and attaining its goals and strategic plans and in providing guidance to maintain a high caliber undergraduate educational program.
The board accomplishes this through recommendations regarding academic programs and curriculum changes, fundraising and student recruitment, securing internships and scholarships and finally providing experiential learning activities for students to bridge the gap between academia and the “real world”.
The primary objective of the Advisory Board is to support the following goals and policies of the Computer Science Program at McNeese State University:
- Preparing students through course work and related experiential education for success in their careers, higher education and in life.
- Providing critical assessment and feedback on the curricula and facilities while promoting the needs, trends and challenges of business/industry.
- Providing paid and unpaid internships for students.
- Providing training and professional development opportunities for educators.
- Providing and soliciting assistance from the business/industry community in funding the Computer Science program.
- Enlisting the expertise of individuals in business/industry to assist with the development and evaluation of curriculum and student selection for scholarships and internships.
- Advocating on behalf of McNeese State University regarding the Computer Science Program.
The Board is a volunteer group, currently comprised of representatives from 16 local industries that meets on the McNeese State University campus twice per year (second Thursday in October and April). The current member companies and representatives are listed below.
|Director of Applications
|Axiall Inc.||Troy Higginbotham||IS Site Infrastructure Supervisor|
|Calcasieu Parish Police Jury||Charles Burton||Director of Information Technology|
|CGI||Eric Chapman||Software Manager|
|Citgo Petroleum Corporation||Diana Hamilton
|Information Technology Systems Manager
Information Technology Manager
|Imperial Health||CJ LeJeune||Chief Technology Officer|
|InfoTECH Solutions||Tobey Leger||Chief Operating Officer|
|Lake Area Medical Center||Aaron Cook||Director of Information Systems|
|Lake Charles City Court||Tim Leger||Judicial Administrator|
|McNeese State University||Chad Thibodeaux||Chief Information Technology Officer|
|PreCheck||Carlos Riveros||Software Engineer|
|ReCon Management Services||Bogdan Fransua||Computer Systems Analyst|
|The Response Group||Darwin Pinder
|Lead Applications Architect
Lead Applications Developer
Software Application Developer
|St. Louis Catholic High School||Warren Buller||Information Tech Supervisor|
|Sasol||Chad Cronce||Network Administrator|
|Structure X||Rion Williams||Senior Software Developer|
The next Board Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, October 8, 2015.
If you like to represent your company on the Computer Science Advisory Board, contact: Ms. Kay Kussmann at (email@example.com)