B.A., Louisiana State University; M.A., M.F.A., McNeese State University
Kaufman Hall, 209K
- Faculty Sponsor, Student Organization: So, You Like to Write!
- Violet Howell Endowed Professorship
- Freshmen Benchmarking and QEP Assessment
Teaching and Research Interests
- Poetry Writing
- Undergraduate Poetry Workshop
- Advanced Composition (Nonfiction)
- Composition (Subcultures & Zeitgeist)
- 2009 Louisiana Division of the Arts Fellowship in Literature
- 2005 Ruth Lilly Fellowship for Young Poets nomination
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Association of Writers and Writers Programs
- Member, South Central Modern Language Association
- Member, Southern Artistry
- Kweli Journal: "Altar Hours," "Soul Harvest," and "Notes from Memphis" (forthcoming)
- Swamp Lily Review: "Megiddo Valley" and "The Newness of Old Rope"
- Sin Fronteras: "Contemplating the Jump" and "City of Rocks"
- Platte Valley Review: "The Old Place"
- Nerve Cowboy: "A Masquerade"
- The Louisiana Review: "Ricochet"
- Dream Fantasy International: "Second Harvest" and "The Spinning Dream"
- The Hurricane Review: "Failed Resurrection"
- Touchstone: "Pecan Season"