B.A., M.A., M.F.A., McNeese State University; Ph.D., Texas Tech University
Kaufman Hall, 314
Editorial Service To Academic Journals
- Editor, Intertexts (http://www.intertexts.org)
Teaching and Research Interests
- Sixteenth- and Seventeenth-Century Literature
- Comparative Literature / The Classical Tradition
- Latin Poetry
- Literary Theory
- 2009-2010: Louisiana Division of the Arts, $ 5,000 Artist's Fellowship in Literature (Poetry)
- 2006: Senior Fulbright Scholar, Cardiff University, UK ($ 15,000)
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Board Member, South Central Renaissance Conference
- Board Member, Southern Comparative Literature Association
- Member, Classical Association of the Mid-West and South
- Member, John Donne Society
- Member, South Central Modern Language Association
- Editor, The Works of Thomas Traherne. Vol. 9. Boydell and Brewer. Commissioned by publisher and under advanced contract.
- Editor, Dialogism and Lyric Self Fashioning: Bakhtin and the Voices of Genre. Edited with introduction. Selinsgrove: Susquehanna UP, 2008.
- Editor, Re-Reading Thomas Traherne: A Collection of New Critical Essays. Edited with introduction. Tempe, AZ: Medieval & Renaissance Texts and Studies, 2007.
- Thomas Traherne: An Annotated Bibliography of Criticism, 1900-2003. Lewiston: Edwin Mellen Press, 2005.
- Catullan Consciousness and the Early Modern Lyric in England. Aldershot: Ashgate, 2004.
- "Staging Rome: The Renaissance, Rome and Humanism's Classical Crisis." The Sites of Rome. Edited by David H. J. Lamour and Diana Spencer. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2007. 271-294.
- "Influence, Anxiety, and the Symbolic: A Lacanian Rereading of Bloom." Intertexts 9.2 (2006): 123-138.
- "Finding Felicity Through the Pythagorean Eye: Pythagoreanism in the Work of Thomas Traherne." Classical and Modern Literature: A Quarterly 25 (2005): 41-51.
- "The Catullan Lyric and Anti-Petrarchism in Sir Thomas Wyatt." Classical and Modern Literature: A Quarterly 19 (1999): 279-285.