B.A., M.A., McNeese State University; Ph.D., University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Sherman Fine Arts, 203
- Director, English M.A. Program
- Advisor, English M.A.
Teaching and Research Interests
- American Literature
- The Classical Tradition and American Women Writers
- Feminist Theories
- Southern Literature
- Autobiography and Performativity
- Sub-field Editor for American and New World Literatures and Cultures, Eighteenth-Century Current Bibliography
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Society for the Study of American Women Writers
- Member, Society for Comparative Literature and the Arts
- Member, Louisiana Folklore Society
- "A Family's Pilgrimage: Charlene Richard Revisited," forthcoming in Louisiana Folklore Miscellany.
- "Penelope in Bronzeville: The Theme of Nostos in Gwendolyn Brooks' 'The Anniad'" forthcoming in Odyssean Identities in Modern Cultures: The Journey Home. Eds. Sheila Murnaghan and Hunter Gardner. The Ohio State University Press.
- "Role-Playing the 'Feminine' in Letters Home." Intertexts 12.2 (2008): 129-44.
- "The Pine Island Apparition: Cajun Values Revisited." Louisiana Folklore Miscellany 18 (2008): 52-73.
- "Individual and Communal Identity after Hurricane Rita: A Collaborative Essay." Louisiana Folklore Miscellany 16/17 (2007): 3-27.
- Review: "Jeremy Downes, The Female Homer." Intertexts (Spring 2012).
- Review: "Erin Elizabeth Smith, The Fear fo Being Found." Rougarou: An Online Literary Journal (Fall 2009).
- Review: "Jill Scott, Electra After Freud: Myth and Culture." College Literature (October 2007).