B.A., Vanderbilt University; M.A., Ph.D., Purdue University
Kaufman Hall, 312
- Advisor, Student-Athletes, Department of English and Foreign Languages
- Advisor, Undergraduate English (P-Z)
- College of Liberal Arts Graduate Council Representative
Teaching and Research Interests
- Medieval Literature (in particular romances of the later Middle English period)
- Medieval Language
- Gender Theory
- Visual Studies
- Space studies
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Medieval Academy of America
- Member, International Arthurian Society
- Member, Modern Language Association
- "Malory's Launcelot and Gwenyver in the Twenty-First Century Classroom," forthcoming in Studies in Medieval and Renaissance Teaching.
- "Vision and Sex in the Iconography of the Old English Genesis Manuscript," forthcoming in "Goode myrth ye shall here": Telling Tales and Crafting Books, Essays in Honor of Thomas H. Ohlgren. Eds. Dorsey Armstrong, Shaun F. D. Hughes, and Alexander L. Kaufman. Kalamazoo: Medieval Institute Publications.
- Review of Fiona Tolhurst, Geoffrey of Monmouth and the Feminist Origins of the Arthurian Legend (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012). Forthcoming in The Medieval Review (online).
- Review of Norris J. Lacy and James J. Wilhelm, eds. The Romance of Arthur: An Anthology of Medieval Texts in Translation, 3rd ed. (London and New York: Routledge, 2012). Forthcoming in Arthuriana.
- "Castles and the Architecture of Gender in Malory's 'The Knight of the Cart.'" Arthuriana 22.2 (2012): 37-51.
- Vision and Gender in Malory's Morte Darthur (Boydell & Brewer, 2010).
- "Troilus's Gaze and the Collapse of Masculinity in Romance." Men and Masculinities in Chaucer's Troilus and Criseyde. Eds. Marcia Marzec and Tison Pugh (Boydell & Brewer, 2008).