All students participating in graduation must wear appropriate academic regalia (i.e., cap and gown). When completing the Application for Degree, students will be asked to provide personal information to ensure that their caps and gowns are fitted properly.
Students may collect their regalia during GradFest. If students are unable to attend, they may collect their regalia from the Bookstore during regular business hours after GradFest day and before the day of rehearsal.
Commencement is a dignified ceremony, and students are encouraged strongly to uphold the dignity of the ceremony by not decorating or altering the appearance of their regalia in any way. Altering regalia violates the University's Commencement Policy.
Those participating in commencement are asked to observe the following guidelines regarding attire.
- All graduates should wear clothing appropriate to the significance of the occasion.
- Gentlemen are advised to wear dark pants with appropriate shirts and soft-soled dress shoes appropriate for standing and walking on concrete. Neckties are permitted but not required.
- Ladies are advised to wear dark pants or skirts with appropriate blouses and soft-soled dress shoes appropriate for standing and walking on concrete. Pumps or flats are recommended as high-heeled shoes may become uncomfortable.
- Tennis shoes, sneakers, flip-flops, sandals, and other casual footwear should be avoided. Persons whose attire is deemed to be inappropriate for the occasion of commencement may not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- Contact Dr. Dustin Hebert, Commencement Committee Chair, at or before rehearsal to discuss questions or concerns about attire.