About the College
Be a Part of the College of Business
The College of Business at McNeese is one of the premier business programs in the state and we continually strives for academic excellence and student success. Our dedicated faculty and staff work with you on your journey of learning to help you create a path for success. At McNeese, you'll develop professional relationships with instructors that larger schools cannot provide. We emphasize a mentoring-style of teaching and reinforce critical thinking skills, writing, communication and presentation skills to better prepare you for successful assimilation into a global world of business. Our alumni are spread across the globe and rank among the nation's most successful business leaders. We maintain strong links to the professional community and regularly bring current professional expertise and knowledge into the classroom learning environment.
The College of Business is accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the most prestigious accrediting body for business programs. This allows us to be rightfully known as "one of the best business schools in the world."
As part of McNeese State University, the College values excellence with a personal touch.
Discover Your Future
Our Mission: The mission of the College of Business is to provide quality business education, enriched by scholarship, to ensure student success and to serve as a resource for the community.
Our Core Values:
The College supports a dynamic educational environment that encourages and enhances faculty and student academic achievement and productivity.
- Student Success
- The College prepares a diverse student population to succeed in personal and professional endeavors in a global business environment.
Partner, Serve, and Interact with the Community
The College serves as a resource for education, research, economic development and community service.
Personal and Professional Integrity
The College values integrity, ethical behavior, mutual respect and collegiality. These characteristics enrich interaction among constituents.
As part of the University, the College values excellence with a personal touch
We consider the following goals critical to the accomplishment of our vision and mission.
Program Development and Enhancement Objectives
- Maintain AACSB accreditation.
- Develop and maintain a curriculum supportive of current local and national business needs.
- Improve the success rates of our graduates.
- Increase the positive profile and public awareness of the College of Business.
Academic Objectives (Student Performance)
- Support university goals of student retention and performance.
- Utilize assessment activities to improve student performance.
- Be a campus leader in the Quality Enhancement Program.
Faculty Qualifications and Faculty Development Objectives
- Maintain faculty qualifications.
- Improve faculty performance in the areas of teaching and research.
- Seek a naming Endowment for the College of Business.
- Seek funding from private donors.
- Seek grants and funding from regional, state and federal sources.
The H.C. Drew Center for Business and Economic Analysis collects and disseminates economic development information and data specifically pertaining to the economy of Southwest Louisiana. The Center maintains an economic development database that includes information on population, employment and unemployment, wages and salaries, cost-of-living measures, taxable sales, and other regional economic indicators. The database is used to gauge the current status of the regional economy, and to identify areas of strength and weakness as well as emerging future trends. Regional economic development information is disseminated electronically as well as through community economic development conferences and specialized workshops. The Center's database and reports can be accessed at www.mcneese.edu/drewecon.
Donna Little, Director
The LSBDC program is designed to meet the management and technical assistance needs of the small business community in Southwest Louisiana. The objectives are:
- To counsel existing small businesses in improvement of performance.
- To aid potential small businesses in assessment of ideas and development of business plans.
- To assist small businesses in strategic and tactical planning in a dynamic environment.
Counselors provide one-on-one counseling and conduct workshops and seminars to keep small businesses abreast of current events and changing trends in today's world of business.
Working within the College of Business, the LSBDC utilizes the faculty and student resources of McNeese State University in counseling and assistance.
The Center maintains a resource library with information on managing a business, and assists clients with finding information from far-reaching state and national resources.