Pursuant to Act 315 of the 2007 Regular Session of the Louisiana Legislature, beginning January 1, 2012 all public employees are required to receive a minimum of one hour education and training on the Code of Governmental Ethics each year of his/her employment. If you or any of your staff have not completed the training, please do so as soon as possible. Please note that this requirement applies to all full-time and part-time personnel as well as graduate assistants, visiting lecturers, and student workers.
Below you will find the instructions on how to get to the online training located on the Louisiana Ethics website. You are required to register if this is your first online training session. The presentation is in three 20 minute segments. If you are unable to complete all 3 sessions at once, you can always log back in at a later time and view the ones not completed. You will not be allowed to skip sections and must take them in order. There are several pop-up questions. Failing to answer them correctly does not mean that you will not receive a certificate of completion. The questions are designed to help you apply the information provided in order to understand what has been presented. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Go to www.ethics.state.la.us
- Go to "Training"
- Click on "Online EthicsTraining"
- Enter your login information (if you are a first time user then Click on "Register (New User)")
- Follow the instructions on the page
- You will then be directed to select which training you need to take. For the current year you will take "Code of Ethics Training for Public Servants"
Upon completing all 3 segments you will be prompted to enter your name for the certificate.
A copy of your certificate of completion will need to be supplied to the Office of Internal Audit.
This may be accomplished by one of the following:
- Print out the certificate and bring a copy to the Office of Internal Audit (BBC 404C)
- Save the certificate as a .pdf on your computer and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail a copy to: Office of Internal Audit, Box 93095
Should you need assistance or have any questions please feel free to contact the Office of Internal Audit at extension 5590 or via email email@example.com at any time.
Thank you for your cooperation.