First Time Freshman Requirements
Graduates from State-Approved Louisiana High Schools
Graduates from State-Approved Out-of-State High Schools or Home-School Programs
First-Time Freshman Applicants Aged 25 or Older
Readiness Test Scores
Test Scores that Demonstrate Readiness for College-Level English & Math
First Time Freshman Checklist
- Apply for admission and scholarships.
- Submit your official ACT or SAT scores directly to McNeese from the testing agency (McNeese ACT school code 1594/SAT school code 6403).
- Pay $20 application fee – After application is processed via your MyMcNeese portal.
- Submit Proof of .
- Submit copy of draft card (males ages 18 – 25 only).
- (Home School Only) Have your home-school send your transcript to McNeese now and final transcript after you graduate.
- Submit official college transcripts directly to McNeese from institutions attended for any college courses completed while in high school.
- Out-of-State High School: Have your high school submit to McNeese your transcript now and then your final transcript after you graduate.
- Home-School: Submit copy of your home-school state approval letter.
- Optional: Complete the financial aid application at fafsa.gov (McNeese FAFSA school code 002017).
- Optional: Complete application for on-campus housing at www.mcneesereslife.com
- Optional: Purchase a commuter or residence campus dining meal plan at www.dineoncampus.com/mcneese